Keith Brion, Music Director of his own New Sousa Band, has appeared as a frequent guest conductor with nearly all of America's major symphony orchestras and professional bands. His New Sousa Band, begun in 1979, is a realization of Mr. Brion's dream to reincarnate the Sousa Band and once again tour America's towns and cities.
He has been a frequent guest conductor of professional bands among which are the Stockholm Symphonic Wind Orchestra, New York City's Goldman Band, The California Wind Orchestra, and the Allentown Band. He has also appeared with most of the major service bands, including the U.S. Marine Band, Army Field Band, Army Band, Coast Guard Band and the U.S. Army Band of Europe in Heidelberg, Germany. University and school band appearances have included Florida State, Michigan State, University of Texas, Ohio State, Kentucky and the University of Iowa, plus the National Music Camp at Interlochen.
In addition to leading the New Sousa Band, Mr. Brion maintains an active career as an orchestra conductor, presenting his popular Sousa revival concerts with almost all of America's symphony orchestras, including the Boston Pops, the Philadelphia Orchestra and the St. Louis, Dallas, Milwaukee symphonies. His overseas orchestral engagements have included the London Concert Orchestra and the Gothenburg Symphony.
Keith Brion is a former Director of Bands at Yale University, where he led the Yale Band in concerts at the Kennedy Center, Carnegie Hall, and in an all-Ives program program at Amsterdam's Concertgebouw. Prior to coming to Yale, he was the founder and music director of the North Jersey Wind Symphony and a long-time band educator and music supervisor in the New Jersey public schools.
He has published many editions for band, including the music of Charles Ives, Percy Grainger, John Philip Sousa, and D.W. Reeves, and is the author of numerous articles. He has published a series of Sousa publications. These Sousa editions are published by Willow Blossom Music and distributed by the CL. Barnhouse Co.
Mr. Brion is currently recording the complete wind music of John Philip Sousa for Naxos records with London's Royal Artillery Band. Eight volumes of a projected 16 CD series have been recorded.
- Country Gardens
- The Diplomat
- El Capitan (Sousa Centennial Series edition)
- The Fairest of the Fair (Sousa Centennial Series edition)
- Flashing Eyes Of Andalusia
- The Free Lance (Sousa Centennial Series edition)
- Fugue on Yankee Doodle
- The Gladiator
- Handel in the Strand
- Hands Across the Sea (Sousa Centennial Series edition)
- I've Made My Plans For the Summer
- The Invincible Eagle (Sousa Centennial Series edition)
- Keeping Step With The Union (Sousa Legacy Series edition)
- King Cotton (Sousa Centennial Series edition)
- The Liberty Bell (Sousa Centennial Series edition)
- Liberty Loan
- Manhattan Beach (Sousa Centennial Series edition)
- Marching Through Georgia
- New York Hippodrome
- The Pathfinder of Panama
- The Pirates of Penzance
- Pride of Pittsburgh
- Sabre and Spurs (Sousa Centennial Series edition)
- Semper Fidelis (Sousa Centennial Series edition)
- Songs of Grace and Songs of Glory
- Sound Off
- The Stars and Stripes Forever (Sousa Centennial Series edition)
- The Thunderer (Sousa Centennial Series edition)
- The Untitled March
- The Washington Post (Sousa Centennial Series edition)
- When The Boys Come Sailing Home
- Willow Blossoms
- Yorktown Centennial (Sousa Legacy Series edition)